Emergency Medical Services
The provision of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is an integral component of the modern-day fire service. At Rocky Mountain Fire we have a robust EMS program that incorporates a tiered response designed around exceptional pre- hospital care and customer service.
Response and Levels of care
Our tiered response system is designed to quickly and efficiently deploy Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) resources in a consistent manner. Every responder at Rocky Mountain Fire is, at a minimum, an Emergency Medical Technician- Basic (EMT). EMTs are trained to provide BLS care and are designed to act as first responders.
Additionally, Rocky Mountain Fire employs Paramedics both on engines and in ambulances as our top tier of medical response. Paramedics are the most highly trained pre- hospital providers and offer ALS level care. Paramedics are equipped to provide medical care such as cardiac monitoring, defibrillation, intubation, respiratory support, and pain management.
- All fire fighters are EMTs and equipped to provide BLS
- BLS is our most widely available resource and first to respond
- ALS is spread out throughout the district to maximize efficient response
- We operate type III ambulances with 4x4 capability
All of our responders are trained to deliver the same high-quality patient care in a myriad of environments and situations. Because of the diverse areas in our district, our training and skills allow us to operate in many austere environments.
- Industrial technical rescue (wind turbines, power plants etc.)
- Mountain rescue (climbing, trails, mountain bikers etc.)
- Wildland fires
- Active harmer situations
- Provide the best pre- hospital medical care available
- Provide excellent customer service
- Treat those we care for with the utmost dignity, respect, and professionalism
We Want to Hear from You
Do you have an experience you’d like to share or questions about our EMS Program? Please contact our EMS Captain Paul Johnson at 303-494-3735